Museum Hours
As per the Governor’s mandate concerning non-essential businesses closing, the FASNY Museum of Firefighting is now closed until such time the Governor deems it safe to reopen.

We will keep you posted as the situation evolves. Thank you for your understanding, and please be safe.

Open 10:00am - 4:30pm daily.

Galleries close at 4:30pm for ticketed visitors.*

*see more information on the "Hours and Admission" page

Closed: Independence Day,
Memorial Day, Easter,
Christmas Eve Day,
Christmas, Thanksgiving,
New Year’s Day

Admission Tickets

Adults: $10

Children: $5
(age 3 and older)

Family: $25
(2 adults and their 2 children)

Children under age 3: FREE

Museum and FASNY Members: FREE

The Museum also
participates in the Empire State Reciprocal Program and NARM.
Members of these programs will also receive FREE admission, as per the Museum's policy: see the "Hours and Admission" page for more info.

117 Harry Howard Ave.
Hudson, NY 12534

FASNY Museum of Firefighting on Facebook! Follow the FASNY Museum of Firefighting on Twitter!

Print this page
Our History
The FASNY Museum of Firefighting has a rich and storied history. At the fifty-first State Firemen's Convention held in Hudson, New York in 1923, a resolution was signed by the Presidents and Secretaries of both the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York (FASNY) and the Exempt Firemen's Association of the City of New York. This resolution stated that if FASNY would authorize the erection of a suitable building for a museum, four antique fire engines would be donated to the fledgling museum by the Exempt Firemen’s Association of the City of New York.

These antiquities included the oldest documented fire engine in New York State, a Newsham Engine, circa 1731. Also included in this donation was a gooseneck-style engine, a piano-style engine and a double-decker-style engine. These rare and wonderful old pieces of apparatus would serve as the foundation of the new collection of this museum, which would later become known as the FASNY Museum of Firefighting.
So, amidst much anticipation, the Museum was built on the grounds of the Firemen’s Home in Hudson, New York. On the morning of November 12, 1925, the valuable apparatus donation was delivered from New York City to the Museum. The original building, consisting of a center hall and two adjoining wings totaling 2,600 square feet of Museum space, was dedicated on Memorial Day, 1926. Over the years, additions were built (1957, 1972, 1989, 2001) to accommodate the growing collections.

Today, the FASNY Museum of Firefighting is the home of the premiere collection of American firefighting artifacts in the world, and the total square footage of the Museum stands at approximately 50,000 square feet. From four pieces of apparatus, the Museum’s collection has grown to include ninety pieces of apparatus and numerous pieces of American fire equipment. The Museum staff utilizes this collection to convey the proud story of the American firefighter in new and exciting exhibits throughout the Museum. As stewards of this world-class collection, the Museum Board of Directors’ main objective is to ensure the longevity of the collection, so that future generations of Americans may continue to contemplate and enjoy this amazing collection.The Museum Board of Directors is also keenly aware of keeping the Museum relevant, and to this end, has embarked on a ten year strategic exhibit plan to revitalize the Museum and create an interactive education center, creating teachable moments for families. This transformation will insure the Museum’s relevance, honor firefighters and inspire the next generation of volunteer firefighters to service.
Click each firefighter picture below to enlarge the image


Powered by Pro Printers Web Solutions
Copyright © 2020 All Rights Reserved.